- An anti-communist resistance law was passed in Czech Republic.
- Hungary must end its prolonged post-communist period, Prime Minister Viktor Orban said at the founding session of the Hungarian Diaspora Council in parliament.
- Metropolitan of Volokolamsk Hilarion gave a negative assessment to the statements made among the clergy and monastic, which give a positive attitude towards Stalin's role in history.
- 01.11.2010 Violent attacks against ‘Zapata Vive’ March in Holguin end in beatings and arrests of Reina Tamayo and activists46 activists and family members of murdered Cuban political prisoner Orlando Zapata Tamayo carried out a public march along the streets of that city to the cemetery where his grave is, when 39 of them were beaten with rocks and then arrested by State Security officials.
- US lawmakers on Wednesday called on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to raise human rights with Vietnam on an upcoming visit, amid fresh convictions of activists and villagers.
- 26.10.2010 Internal Communist Party Documents Disclose New Campaign to Forcibly "Transform" Millions of Falun Gong Practitioners in ChinaA series of internal Communist Party documents, some of them posted online, reveal the details of a new three-year, multi-billion dollar campaign targeting Falun Gong practitioners across China.